The Troy venue has just released a lineup of such events. Reservations may be made online for each.
• Beer 101: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 21 -- Craig Gravina, author of the book "Upper Hudson Valley Beer," will guide participants through the many styles of beer available locally from Brown's Brewing and others. And, they can make their own pretzels to go along with the samples. Reservations are $25 per person.The Arts Center of the Capital Region is located in downtown Troy at 265 River Street on Monument Square. Phone: (518) 273-0552.
• Cake Decorating & Cake Batter Martinis: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 18 -- Learn basic cake decorating skills during a Food Network-style class while sipping cake batter martinis, giving participants the opportunity to have their cake and eat it and drink it, too. Reservations are $35 per person.
• Collage & Tom Collins: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 20 -- The mood will echo the TV series "Mad Men" with participants flipping through early-1960s issues of Life and Look magazines. Caroline Corrigan and Ira Marks of Upstate Collage Night will guide the creation of throwback advertising while the class sips Tom Collins cocktails. Reservations are $35 per person.
• Go here for Notes On Napkins
• Go here for Dowd On Drinks
• Go here for Dowd's New York Wines Notebook