Carey Institute pairing dinner to star its own beers
The Helderberg Mountains facility has hosted a variety of events related to hops, brewing and marketing. Now, it will make use of all its facilities by hosting a beer-pairing dinner at its Carriage House Restaurant in cooperation with its own Helderberg Brewery incubator operation.
The event is scheduled for Saturday, February 25. A cash bar will open at 5 p.m., with dinner at 6. Overnight lodging at the Institute's country estate is available, and a buffet breakfast will be served on Sunday morning. Ticket prices vary depending on the package selected, with details and reservation information available online.
• Beer and cheese soup with crispy pancetta, Parmesan crisp in sourdough bread bowls (Helderberg Brewery Saison)
• Ember-cooked sweet potato with housemade straccieatella (Helderberg Brewery Porter)
• Housemade pappardelle with local ground beef Bolognese sauce (Helderberg Brewery Pilsner)
• Roulade of local chicken with kale, apples and walnuts, piped potatoes and roasted Brussel sprouts (Helderberg Brewery Fresh Hop Pale Ale)
• Chocolate tart with porter ganache and bourbon caramel (Our Kriek)
The Carey Institute is located at 100 Pond Hill Road, Rensselaerville, Albany County.
• Go here for Notes On Napkins
• Go here for Dowd On Drinks
• Go here for Dowd's New York Wines Notebook
Posted by William M. Dowd at 10:18 AM