20100811

Bill's eMailbox: Is my Stroh's box worth anything?


Q: I have a Stroh's Beer box. I think cans came in it. It says "Owen-Illinois" and "test carton" on the back. Is this worth keeping? (My dad worked at Stroh's from 1939-1970).

-- Beverly Fulkerson

A: Judging by what I've seen at auctions, antique shows, on eBay and everywhere else, the best advice always is, "Never throw anything away." The trick is finding people who specialize in what you have.

To ascertain the possible value of your Stroh's box, I'd suggest checking two places: (1.) The Museum of Beer & Brewing, and e-mail the president here, (2.) The Beer Can Museum, and e-mail its curator here.

To Dowd's Wine Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Spirits Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Brews Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Tasting Notes latest entry.
Back to Dowd On Drinks home page.

No comments: