DENVER, CO -- The results from the Great American Beer Festival Competition now are official, and a "hometown" company emerged as the top award winner.
Coors Brewing Co. of Golden, CO, was named top "Large Brewing Company" and "Large Brewing Company Brewer of the Year."
In other overall awards:
• Flying Dog Brewery of Frederick, MD, won top "Mid-Size Brewing Company" and Mid-Size Brewing Company Brewer of the Year" honors.
• Dry Rock Brewing Co. of Aurora, CO, won the "Small Brewing Company" and "Small Brewing Company Brewer of the Year" honors.
• Pizza Port of Carlsbad, CA, won "Large Brewpub" and "Large Brewpub Brewer of the Year" honors.
• Chuckanut Brewery of Bellingham, WA, won "Small Brewpub" and "Small Brewpub Brewer of the Year" honors.
• The Chama River Brewing Co. of Albuquerque, NM, won the "Pro-Am Competition" gold medal with its Herbal Joe’s Columbarillo IPA.
Entries were divided into 72 categories. Go here to view a complete list of medal winners.
To Dowd's Wine Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Spirits Notebook
To Dowd's Brews Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Tasting Notes latest entry.
Back to Dowd On Drinks home page.