More than 220 medals were awarded in the annual Great American Beer Festival, with judging conducted in Denver, CO., over the weekend to sort out the 2,793 beers entered in the competition by 473 brewers.
Beers were divided into 75 categories and awards also were given to top breweries and brewers according to the number of medals won. The top awards:
• Large Brewing Company and Large Brewing Company Brewer of the Year: Pabst Brewing Co. Woodridge, IL; Bob Newman.
• Mid-Size Brewing Company and Mid-Size Brewing Company Brewer of the Year: Firestone Walker Brewing Co., Paso Paso Robles, CA; Matt Brynildson.
• Small Brewing Company and Small Brewing Company Brewer of the Year: Port Brewing & The Lost Abbey, San Marcos, CA; Tomme Arthur.
• Large Brewpub and Large Brewpub Brewer of the Year: Redrock Brewing Co., Salt Lake City, UT; Kevin Templin.
• Small Brewpub and Small Brewpub Brewer of the Year" Montana Brewing Co., Billings, MT; Travis Zelstra.
Clikck here for the full list of medalists.
To Dowd's Spirits Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Wine Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Brews Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Non-Alcohol Drinks Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Tasting Notes latest entry.
Back to Dowd On Drinks home page.