The annual Barrie Brews & BBQ Festival in northern Ontario was the site of the debut Canadian International Beer Championship.
The event was a Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) sanctioned competition overseen by Paul Dickey, a brewer and a BJCP Master Judge.
Medal winners in each of the ribbon categories:
• North American Lager, Pilsner, European Amber Lager: Gold, Castle European Amber Lager, South African Breweries, and King Pilsner, King Brewery; Silver, Tyskie European Amber Lager, Kompania Piwowarska S.A.; Bronze, Peroni European Amber Lager, s.p.a. Birra Peroni.
• Light Hybrid Beer, Dark Lager, Bock: Gold, Lug Tread Lagered Ale Light Hybrid, Beau’s All Natural Brewing Co.; Silver, Stock Ale Light Hybrid, Mill Street Brewery; Bronze, King Dark Lager, King Brewery.
• Belgian & French Ale: Gold, Blanche de Chambly Belgian & French Ale, Unibroue.
• English Brown Ale, Porter & Stout: Gold, County Ale English Brown, Wellington Brewery; Silver, Coffee Porter, Mill Street Brewery; Bronze, John Sleeman Porter, Sleeman Breweries.
• Bitter & English Pale Ale: Gold, Tankhouse Pale Ale, Mill Street Brewery; Silver, Arkel Best Bitter, Wellington Brewery; Bronze, Special Pale Ale, Wellington Brewery.
To Dowd's Spirits Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Wine Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Brews Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Non-Alcohol Drinks Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Tasting Notes latest entry.
Back to Dowd On Drinks home page.