Best places for a beer
If you're on the road and looking for outstanding places to have a beer, Beer Advocate.com has drawn up a list of what it says are the best "50 Places to Have a Beer in America."
The list is a result of site users' comments on BeerFly. It includes both brewpubs and beer bars. Here's the top 15, with the whole list available here:
1. The Moan and Dove, Amherst, MA
2. The Publick House, Brookline, MA
3. Spuyten Duyvil, Brooklyn, NY
4. Toronado, San Francisco, CA
5. The Map Room, Chicago, IL
6. Cock & Bull Pub, Sarasota, FL
7. Papago Brewing, Scottsdale, AZ
8. O'Brien's Pub, San Diego, CA
9. Stuffed Sandwich, San Gabriel, CA
10. Capital Ale House, Richmond, VA
11. Six Pax & Dogz, Swissvale, PA
12. Mahar's, Albany, NY
13. Selin's Grove Brewing Co., Selinsgrove, PA
14. Capital Ale House At Innsbrook, Glen Allen, VA
15. Brick Store Pub, Decatur, GA
To Dowd's Spirits Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Wine Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Brews Notebook latest entry.
Back to Dowd On Drinks home page.
Posted by William M. Dowd at 4:24 PM